Sunday, January 11, 2009

God is oh so faithful. always.

Yesterday a friend reminded me that I need to be praying for God's will and not mine. I thought that I had been and then after our conversation, I realized I was still holding the "pen" to my life instead of letting God write my story. Later in the night I was reading in Philippians and this is what I came across:

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (4:4-7).

That was in the English Standard Version. Now in the Morgan Version it translated as this:

"Morgan, always give thanks with a joyous heart. God is at work so please stop worrying about everything. Pray about all these things on your heart, but remember to be thankful no matter what the outcome. If you want an answer than you need to communicate with Me because you know that I will always answer you. ALong the way I will help you guard your heart and your mind because my only Son died for you."

He totally spoke to me and then today, God absolutely blew my socks off. He answered a specific prayer I have been praying for nearly 3 years and the only thing I could do was be on my knees crying with thankfulness. Then in a matter of hours God answered another HUGE prayer that has been on my heart and totally provided in a way I never thought possible. I blogged at the start of break that I felt God closed a chapter in my life and was starting a new one this semester and I can already see the process beginning. God is oh so faithful. Always.

No comments: