Tuesday, December 23, 2008

a stir in me

I have been meaning to blog for a few days now, but I have been super busy with the most random things. I know, I know; break is a time of rest and relaxation, but that has not been the case.

Random things in the past few days:

1)I got so emotional leaving CBU for this CHRISTmas break for some reason. As I was packing things up and checking girls out, I really felt God stirring something in my heart. I can't quite figure out what yet, but I feel like even though I am not done with this school year, last semester was a closing of some chapter in my life and next semester will be the start of a new one. That sounds weird. I don't know what was going on, but I kinda got choked up and may have cried before I left, may have... :)

2)Running in the rain yesterday was simply amazing and I have come to the conclusion that I think I like running in the rain better than in the sunshine. Even though it was absolutely freezing, I loved the feeling of running with the rain hitting my face; being outdoors just seems to speak to me.

3)We celebrated CHRISTmas tonight since we are leaving and I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the look on people's faces as they open gifts. That brings joy to my heart.


So these are just a few of the things, I wish I had my journal with me so I could write more of the things that I wanted to. Please keep my family in prayer as we travel to northern california. We keep hearing that the roads are rough and we don't want to get stranded, although I keep telling my family that would be awesome. OK so maybe a little cold and cramped, but what a great story to tell. I think I texted most of my friends saying Merry Early CHRISTmas, but if not: MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I am turning my phone off again until next Tuesday night.

No comments: