Friday, April 25, 2008

Realizing death is closer than I thought it could be

So I was driving home tonight around 10:45 and THE scariest thing ever happened! I was in the lane next to the fast lane, right near box springs (which is an exit in my hometown)...and the stupid car in front of me decided to swirve totally out of nowhere without giving any signal or sign in advance...at the time I was thinking, "what was that all about?"
Then I saw that there was a fatty washing machine in the middle of the lane and realized if I hit that large mass, I was going to flip my little civic and roll into the ditch! There was a car on either side of me; so I looked at the guy on the left with a second to decide before something terrible happened and I think he saw the look of sheer fear and panic go across my face becasue he immediately slowed WAYYYY down so that I could swirve; BARELY missing that washer!
Man-oh-man. That was scary. Don't worry, I called the cops to report the missing washer in case they wanted to come and pick it up to save other people from possibly hitting it causing them to run home and blog about it too. If I was that scared, I can only imagine what the car in front of me was thinking. All I know is that as all this was happening, I remembered that Mical had already said goodnight, Hillary knew that I went home for the night so she wouldn't be expecting me back at school, and my mom was already in bed. That meant that no one would have known I died until the morning when my mom woke up and noticed me missing. Okay, so this is a farely dramatic blog: so what? I was scared and this is the only way I can truly make you feel as though you were right there with me :)

1 comment:

Justin Blomgren said...

I'm glad your not dead. Thats crazy though. You gotta watch out for those crazy washing machines