Monday, September 29, 2008

October fast approaching

Oh life. The saying that "when it rains, it pours" rings true for my life. I think that I mentioned in my previous blog that I was an intern this summer at my church working in the children's department and absolutely loved it. This was a summer of growth for me and then school started. I won't sit here and complain about things that have happened already as this year has began, but one thing I will say is that sometimes I wish I wasn't so empathetic because there have been days where I have been too emotionally affected by other people's problems as if they were my own and it has started to take an effect on me. There have been times where I wish that I didn't care so much. Some of my close friends that I have talked to about this have said I should see this as more of a blessing that I can "feel for other people" the way that I do. Granted, it can be a beautiful thing to feel other people's pain, but a curse all at the same time.

One thing that I said I wanted to do this year was be genuine in the relationships that I am making and I feel as though I have. I have been making an effort to genuinely seek friendships and have that genuine love in spending time with them. Another goal that I would like to add to my list of this year is this, and you are more than welcome in helping pray that I attain this goal this school year:

  • That the Lord would grant me patience and not just all of a sudden BAM I have patience, but I guess that He would give me more opportunities to be patient. I got a book from a friend and there was a chapter on patience that was simply amazing. It called patience the "act of slowing." This is such a good way to look at things.

I need to slow down my life and take time to simply "smell the roses" as some would put it. [Thus the reasoning for my current facebook profile picture] So what do I want patience for?? EVERYTHING! life, boys, relationships, family, personal spiritual growth, just patience to get through the day. I am such an impatient person and I need to try and fix that!

blah blah blah...you are probably sick of reading this babble, if people even read these lol

1 comment:

carsonbelmont said...

I am also so impatient!